- Melanie grew up on a small farm on the outskirts of Sydney
- Melanie read her first Mills & Boon novel when she was 17
- Melanie has now published over 70 full-length novels for Harlequin Mills & Boon and her books are regularly released in several different countries, including Australia, the U.S., and the U.K.
- Melanie currently lives with her family in Hobart, Tasmania.
Did you know?
- Melanie knew she was going to marry her husband on their second date.
- Melanie learnt to swim as an adult and after some great coaching, she went from a non-swimmer to National Top Ten in Master’s Swimming plus several State records.
- Melanie also has a passion for the needs of children and animals and is active in supporting the Australian Children’s Foundation.
- In 2003, Melanie became the first (not previously published) Australian author in ten years to be contracted to Harlequin Mills & Boon Presents.
- Melanie is a three-time ARRA finalist and an eight-time CataRomance Reviewers Choice Award Winner.
- Melanie was the winner of the ARRA Favourite Category/Series Romance for 2008.
- Melanie is an active member of Romance Writers of America, Romance Writers of Australia, and the Australian Romance Readers Association.
- Melanie is also the recipient of the Holt Medallion Award’s Award of Merit and the 2009 Booksellers Best Short Contemporary Category.
- Melanie was the winner of the R*BY in 2011 in the Short Sweet Category
- Melanie was a finalist in the Book Sellers Best Category and R*BY finalist in Short Sexy Category in 2013
- Melanie was awarded an Award of Merit in the 2014 HOLT Medallion.
- Melanie was awarded the RWNZ Koru Award of Excellence in 2015
- Melanie was awarded the winner of the HOLT Medallion in 2015
Click to download each picture (72 dpi)